Saturday, April 02, 2011

Historic moment - Indian Cricket




Captain innings by MS Dhoni. What a shot to win. Won in "style". He is the captain that got us the 20-20 world cup and now, the much awaited big one.
What a match to watch.
What a moment to cherish. An experience to cherish that India is a world champion. A winning moment of World cup that our team has won it. 28 years of a very long wait for all the Indians to experience this joy. Cricket is truly a religion in India where every citizen celebrates regardless of where they are located.
They did say, they will win the cup for Sachin and they won indeed.

Any other world cup win at a different time wouldn't have been the same , if we won it after Sachin retires - it wouldn't have been the same . ( I wouldn't want him to retire, but that would be too selfish of me to ask for.)

I am sure every Indian had tears of joy and as Sachin said - tears of happiness and don't mind crying.


Indian cricket team - you made us all proud !

1 comments:

Dreamer Saturday, 02 April, 2011  

Great innings from Dhoni... I had been his critic in the past especially of his batting but he proved me wrong. I couldn't be more happier and I wish he continues to prove me wrong again and again. Wonderful team effort! Excellent victory!

And I don't think Sachin would retire. Age shouldn't be a criteria for any player to retire, only match fitness should be. And Sachin is more fit than most of the youngsters so he should continue playing till his fitness remains at the same level. But last night was his last world cup match and he should have finished his world cup career with atleast a half century.
However, India have won the world cup once in my lifetime and I'm going to cherish this moment!

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP