Monday, December 31, 2007

Year 2007 - A retrospect


Last day of year...have been thinking of how this year has been ...

A mixed year of success and disappointments..

One of my dreams did come true...Parents visiting US. I was more than delighted to get to show them my university, the classrooms where I sat, the classrooms where I taught , the benches where I sat talking to friends, the labs where I worked , the apartment where I lived and the road where I used to walk to get to the university....my student life in the US..yes, it was indeed something which meant a lot for me and everytime I did something new, learnt something new in the US, I always wanted to show it my mom and dad and finally, was glad I could make it to true.

This year did make another dream of mine true...well this had been been a dream when I was still at school..that I should be working and be independent and be on my own...I am doing so now but somehow , am not as excited as I thought I would be. I would have been so...if I did this soon after the graduation but am glad that it came true though a little late.Do things always come late to me? Well as long as they do, good enough.If this is the pattern, I do desire for something now....it is already late...would I ever get it?

Other than that, this year had been an year of very strong emotions.... where I told myself to be strong when nothing worked out for me , at the same time I did realize ,at times, that I was very weak,tender and vulnerable and I could be hurt.I felt as if there is another person in myself ....felt ...never thought I could think this way..or never thought I could say this..and wondered..is this really me?...There were times when I cried silently ,when I wept asking God why isn't he giving what I wanted so dearly...when I just kept thinking and then asked myself if there was a point in thinking.Felt surprised with myself that how much ever I was upset or angry, everytime some other emotion is even more stronger and I behave as if nothing has happened ever.Probably I am optimistic in my thinking...how much ever I give an impression of a pessimist when people talk to me...I am optimistic I guess.

As I look back the year, I don't want to complain much now .I know I am in a better position than many other people in the world who are in need of many other necessary things to lead a day to day life. Thank you God and all the wonderful people in my life for yet another year .

Ups and downs ,mood swings ,deep thoughts and silent pondering made another year pass by in my life.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP